Scarecrow Contest Rules 2022
Scarecrows will be on display from October 21 thru October 31, 2022
• All contestants will complete an entry form to be returned to the Chamber office prior to
WEDNESDAY October 12, 2022.
• You will be notified by email, of your scarecrow location assignment
• All contestants must supply and create their own scarecrow.
• The Greater Hatboro Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to refuse or remove a
scarecrow that they deem offensive to the general public
• All scarecrows must be attached to a pre –determined tree or light pole location on York
Road. We will do our best to have them displayed in front of your business. If you are a
business not on York Road, we ask that you participate and we will assign you a spot-on
• Scarecrows MAY ONLY BE ATTACHED WITH NON-NYLON ROPE that will not
cause any damage to the tree. NAILS, STAPLES AND OTHER MATERIALS ARE
NOT PERMITTED. Any violation of this rule will cause the scarecrow to be removed
from the tree.
• All scarecrows must face the sidewalk.
• The Greater Hatboro Chamber of Commerce is not responsible for scarecrows or
decorative items on display.
• Perishable materials are not permitted.
• Winner will be announced on Wednesday October 26, 2022 via Facebook & website,
judging will take place on Monday October 24th, by Chamber Board Members &
Borough Council of Hatboro.
• Scarecrows and all decorative materials must be removed by
Tuesday November 1, 2022 from determined tree location.
• Any scarecrows that have not been removed by Tuesday November 1, 2022 will be
removed by the Greater Hatboro Chamber of Commerce.
• The Greater Hatboro Chamber of Commerce reserves the right to promote or photograph